12pm - 2pm
6pm - 9pm
12pm - 9pm
12pm - 7:30pm
12pm - 2:30pm
6pm - 10pm
12pm - 2:30pm
6pm - 12pm
12am - 12pm
12am - 10pm
Chef Patron Craig Grant
Craig began his career in London, after leaving Westminster College, in Piccadilly’s Park Lane Hotel, then moved to the Hilton Hotel, Park Lane, where under the direction of French chef Monsier Badier he expanded his knowledge of fine dining “a la francais” at the top floor Windows of the World restaurant. In order to further his experience Craig joined the QE2 cruise ship and sailed the world experiencing a totally different culture and a chance to taste foods around the world. Craig then joined Richard Shepherd at London’s famous West End restaurant Langan’s Brasserie where many pop and sports glitterati regularly dine.
Again on the move Craig this time a bit further north to Cheshire where as Head Chef of the Rookery Hall Hotel gained 2AA Rosettes. Whilst at Rookery Hall he was pleased to serve many present and past celebrities, (even on the night Posh and Becks got engaged) such as Franz Beckenbaur, Gary Lineker, Chairman of BMW.
Craig’s aim is to present only the best and freshest of Scottish produce in a manner that we hope will give a culinary experience of note and maintain The Sorn Inn a favourite with our customers.
They have both gone on to receive many accolades together, as you can see from below.
- Michelin Bib Gourmand 2005/6/7/8/9/10/11/12
- AA 2Rosettes 2003/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12
- AA Quality Standard 2012 4 stars Restaurant with rooms
- Michelin’s “Eating Out in Pubs 2006/7/8 “We Most Liked” Accolade
- Michelin’s “Eating Out in Pubs” Guide 2009/10/11/12 “Inspector’s Favourite” award
- Member of The Scotch Beef Club 2005/6/7/8/9/10/11/12
- “Scotland the Best” Guides 2006/8/10 awarded 2 Ticks in the sections
“The Best Gastropubs”& “Restaurant with Rooms”
- “The Scottish Hotels of the Year Awards 2008
Chef Medaille d’Or 2008 Outstanding Cuisine at Dinner”
- Egon Ronay’s 2006 Restaurant Guide 1 Star
- SLTN’s 2006 Winner “Food and Wine Award”
- Scottish Chefs Awards “Scottish Gastropub Chef of the Year 2005”
- Scottish Chefs Awards Casual Dining Award 2004 Highly Commended